I don't know about that but where was this place back in the 80's. Theresa and I could have so much fun!! The Japanese Robot Woman was pretty scary but can she come live with me? I need a wife. Looks like you guys had fun.
there you will find lots of cobweb covered pictures of Connie Francis (I finally remembered her name)! it's a must see! Annie, I loved seeing Iwo Jima and the Kennedy Center 3 or 4 times!! I think you should get a job as a tour guide!!
John, you might want to take Annie Country Line dancing..she's really good at it now!! Who knows what she'll learn in AK!! Maybe some nice scrimshaw on whale bones?
I'm afraid my tours pale in comparison. Probably not in complaints!!! I think we can manage the Elbo Room. There will be no Country Line Dancing. Though the last cowgirl I saw had on cowboy boots, 3" long shorts (that's from waist to bottom of leg) and a very small tank top with a very large cowboy hat. I didn't get to see her dance though. She was in my living room.....first and last time!!
I line dance about the same as I karaoke. I think I'm stupendous!! Wasn't the same girl as Mizner John but I have seen the one you speak of!! No country western bars for us. They're all out West and my car only goes East. Will look into tri rail to the Elbo Room. Unless the designated driver cruise director is off work. I'm thinking I'm going to have to take Friday afternoon off to go there.
I've been in that room before but I don't remember how I got there and when I woke up the next day it was gone...funny, I was laughing alot.
I've been to the Elbo Room many times and I'm probably the only one who actually got to see Connie Francis. She was an in patient on the Psych ward at Imperial Point Medical Center back in the early 80's. Only for a day, then she went elsewhere. (Else)where the boy's are. She was nuts back then.
Almost as good as my Jackie Gleason encounter but not quite. That one involved Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed....
I got a bottle of champagne from Bernie Kosar. I sat near Paul Newman about 30 years ago. OK, I'm out.
Tim, come on down....bring your own air mattress!! Make it a small one.....you'll be on the floor next to Sarah. Annie has dibs on the bed. John may have an extra bed in his hotel room.
I forgot....I met Boomer Esiason and got his autograph. Plus Janet Reno and Eddie Money (they weren't together). Oh and Al Gore (pre-environmentalist).
me too!! I got dizzy all over again when I looked at the pictures!
Sorry but no one can go visit Annie cuz she's on her way to Alaksa for the Itidarod..go figure! Watch for her at the starting line..she'll be the one feeding the puppies!!
Scooter was Phil Rizutto. The old announcer for the Yankees. I'm sure at some point he actually played. (Robbie reading over my shoulder he was actually a very good ball player - who knew) He used to pal around with Billy Martin the drunk manager of the Mets. Billy was from around the Triple Cities area. Dad used to see them in the bars. I actually saw the Scooter when I was with Dad. We're all just a bunch of drunks from Binghamton. Which explains why Gary knew him.
What??? Mets?????? no way Jose...Billy was the drunk manager of the best baseball team ever... THE NEW YORK YANKEES!! Scooter was a great shortstop for the best baseball team ever...THE NEW YORK YANKESS!! get your facts straight you fish lover!
Gary has a funny story about Phil Rizzuto..not sure he actually met him. I saw him at the Holiday Inn one night and he looked at me.
36 Comments:
I think the dots make us both look thin..or is it because we hid behind Ed?
I don't know about that but where was this place back in the 80's. Theresa and I could have so much fun!! The Japanese Robot Woman was pretty scary but can she come live with me? I need a wife.
Looks like you guys had fun.
The cheese stands alone!
Did you have to pay to go in?
no..just about everything in DC is free..except the parking and the beer!!
the robot was really cool...
Annie O's critically "complained" driving tour of DC is also free. You may see the same thing 3 times in less than an hour, but it's free!
Annie, maybe we can get Julie to take us to the Elbo Room in FLL.
No cheese but plenty cheesy.
I love cheesy! Let's go!!!
there you will find lots of cobweb covered pictures of Connie Francis (I finally remembered her name)! it's a must see!
Annie, I loved seeing Iwo Jima and the Kennedy Center 3 or 4 times!! I think you should get a job as a tour guide!!
John, you might want to take Annie Country Line dancing..she's really good at it now!! Who knows what she'll learn in AK!! Maybe some nice scrimshaw on whale bones?
I'm afraid my tours pale in comparison. Probably not in complaints!!! I think we can manage the Elbo Room. There will be no Country Line Dancing. Though the last cowgirl I saw had on cowboy boots, 3" long shorts (that's from waist to bottom of leg) and a very small tank top with a very large cowboy hat. I didn't get to see her dance though. She was in my living room.....first and last time!!
Julie, That's the same girl I saw tending bar at the Irish joint in Meisner on Halloween. I didn't see her at your house!
No line dancing though, I was traumatize by a group of fat Jewish women line dancing at a party we played at years ago. Yikes!
Yeah, won't be line dancing anytime soon. And to think I actually thought I had some sort of rythme. I have only proven I have two left feet.
I line dance about the same as I karaoke. I think I'm stupendous!! Wasn't the same girl as Mizner John but I have seen the one you speak of!! No country western bars for us. They're all out West and my car only goes East. Will look into tri rail to the Elbo Room. Unless the designated driver cruise director is off work. I'm thinking I'm going to have to take Friday afternoon off to go there.
I think you'll have to take Friday afternoon off too!
Yeah, Friday off is a good idea.
We'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow. I'll bring my snorkel.
Snorkel?...Why? Will there be a bar under water??
John, are you going to Kokomo? snorkeling??
Who knows where the Whack-A-Mole goes! And remember, snorkel can be a noun or a verb.
I'm honored to be accompanying wack-a-mole on an o'venture. Can't wait!
I'm sure we've thoroughly scared the crap out of Sarah!!
we probably did!
Just a little.....
Don't be scared...it's just a trip downtown to see the elephants.
I've been in that room before but I don't remember how I got there and when I woke up the next day it was gone...funny, I was laughing alot.
I've been to the Elbo Room many times and I'm probably the only one who actually got to see Connie Francis. She was an in patient on the Psych ward at Imperial Point Medical Center back in the early
80's. Only for a day, then she went elsewhere. (Else)where the boy's are. She was nuts back then.
Almost as good as my Jackie Gleason encounter but not quite. That one involved Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed....
Story for another day
Looks like you had a great time
I need a road trip
I met (and got a kiss from) Meatloaf. And I saw Larry Hagman in DC one night having a conversation with a homeless man.
Has the bar been raised?
I got a bottle of champagne from Bernie Kosar. I sat near Paul Newman about 30 years ago. OK, I'm out.
Tim, come on down....bring your own air mattress!! Make it a small one.....you'll be on the floor next to Sarah. Annie has dibs on the bed. John may have an extra bed in his hotel room.
poor poor Joey....too many relatives, too little beds....
what about me and Kris Kristoferson?? or me and Kyle Petty??
or Bill Cowher..oh wait, that's really Eddie Komor.
Doesn't Gary know someone famous?? like Phil Rizzuto??
I forgot....I met Boomer Esiason and got his autograph. Plus Janet Reno and Eddie Money (they weren't together). Oh and Al Gore (pre-environmentalist).
Tim, you can come here anytime as well.
Jackie Gleason...The Great One!
I win
I'd love to go on a road trip. I think I'll let Annie recover from the last visitors. She's looking a little yellow.
You should have seen me in the black room!
me too!! I got dizzy all over again when I looked at the pictures!
Sorry but no one can go visit Annie cuz she's on her way to Alaksa for the Itidarod..go figure! Watch for her at the starting line..she'll be the one feeding the puppies!!
Yes, look for me....I'll be the girl dressed head to tow in snow gear looking like the Michelin Man.
Can someone tell me why I didn't plan a trip to the Carribbean???
Gary knew the Scooter? He's dead. That explains it.
The Iditarod....don't eat the yellow snow.
Who is Scooter?
No yellow snow.....I learned that years ago back on the farm. But thank you for reminding me.
No yellow sand either.
Scooter was Phil Rizutto. The old announcer for the Yankees. I'm sure at some point he actually played. (Robbie reading over my shoulder he was actually a very good ball player - who knew) He used to pal around with Billy Martin the drunk manager of the Mets. Billy was from around the Triple Cities area. Dad used to see them in the bars. I actually saw the Scooter when I was with Dad. We're all just a bunch of drunks from Binghamton. Which explains why Gary knew him.
What??? Mets?????? no way Jose...Billy was the drunk manager of the best baseball team ever...
THE NEW YORK YANKEES!!
Scooter was a great shortstop for the best baseball team ever...THE NEW YORK YANKESS!!
get your facts straight you fish lover!
Gary has a funny story about Phil Rizzuto..not sure he actually met him. I saw him at the Holiday Inn one night and he looked at me.
Post a Comment
<< Home